Help with Pool Staining

Skeeva

Jun 13, 2018
Flower Mound/Texas
Hi, wasn't sure where to post this, so if I missed the correct area, I apologize. We neglected our pool (bows head in shame) this winter and when we took the cover off, we realized we made a real mess of things. The bottom of the deep end around the drain is stained a really ugly blackish blue. I've attached pictures. Any thoughts on the most cost effective way to deal with this? Thanks in advance and hope you are having a great spring!

Attachments

• PoolStain.jpg
    PoolStain.jpg
    468.8 KB · Views: 8
  • PoolStain2.jpg
    PoolStain2.jpg
    574.2 KB · Views: 8
Hi Maddie, we drained the pool to get the stains out. Normally we keep our chemicals balanced. But this winter we did not even check it until the spring and this is what we found. So we drained it to clean it up then we will refill and set the chemicals.

You need to refill the pool. I wish you had not drained it before posting here. Results of water tests often tell us what caused the stain and how to fix it. Most stain treatments require a full pool to apply the product. You can try to wash it with a little bleach and see if it lifts the stain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.