Help with Piping to get 6 Sheer Descents flowing Equally

i do have valves in each one. I have done what u said and after a few minutes 2 or 3 drop off and i get no flow. I know there is no blockage because i have tested each one individually and the flow is clear. the PB switched the pump Super pump ii SP3020X25AZ from the waterfalls to the pool and now its worse. the Super pump II 2.5 hp was good but needed a little more strength. Thats why I told him to put a 3hp motor but he used the older pump from pool i have and its worse. That's why I am wondering if the Pentair waterfall pumps would be better for these 6 sheers.

i do have valves in each one. I have done what u said and after a few minutes 2 or 3 drop off and i get no flow. I know there is no blockage because i have tested each one individually and the flow is clear. the PB switched the pump Super pump ii SP3020X25AZ from the waterfalls to the pool and now its worse. the Super pump II 2.5 hp was good but needed a little more strength. Thats why I told him to put a 3hp motor but he used the older pump from pool i have and its worse. That's why I am wondering if the Pentair waterfall pumps would be better for these 6 sheers.

What does the sheer manufacturer state as the required flow rate for each sheer?

Sheer descents are low head/high volume water features. Pool pumps are designed for high Head applications. So sometimes motor HP isn’t as important as flow rate. A waterfall pump produces less pressure than a pool pump but can typically deliver higher volume flow rates. Waterfall pumps also have limited lifts, so the suction source to sheer height usually has to be less than 10 ft or so.

Not sure how much required flow rate was.With the super pump II with 2.5 was a lot better than the super pump I with 3.0 hp. Just wondering if there is a better pump for 6 sheers.Just needs a little extra boost. Sheer height is no more than 4 or 5 ft. Furthest sheer is about 60 ft away from pump. Picture of equipment and plumbing.

Attachments

• poolequipment.jpg
    poolequipment.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 25
There is a T in the return line with a line going into the ground. Where does that go?

If it doesn't go to the sheers, it's going to take away a lot of flow.

An IntelliFlo XF might be a good choice. Keep all plumbing 3" in and out of the pump.

Can you find the exact model number for each sheer?

try closing each of them off more and see if it stays running without cavitation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.