Help with PH

Gabbyk

Jun 5, 2021
Mchenry,IL
New to having a pool, we have a 20x48 above ground, 9000 gallons, its been up and running for a week, I cant seem to get the PH and Alkalinity down! We got lo 'n slo and we used scale inhibitor, started it yesturday. Nothing has changed, also can we swim in it with high PH and Alkalinity levels? Alkalinity is 248 PH 2.4.

I'm using the tester strips, and went yesturday to a pool store and had it tested.
OK -- the only parameter we will sort of believe from a test strip or pool store test is the pH.
High pH has little effect on people. It can accelerate the formation of scale.
More important for people is FC level.
You need a proper test kit. I suggest the TF-100 A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.

As far as pH, yes, it is safe. Some with sensitive eyes may get irritated eyes. But I doubt it.
I would add some muriatic acid to lower the pH to 7.6. That would be 24 ounces of acid.

As far as FC - who knows. I would suggest you add 3 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine to the pool each evening with the pump running until you get your test kit. That would be 1 quart (32oz) of 10% liquid chlorine. Every day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.