Help with PH reading

Would you average 6.8 & 7.2 for this result?
Nope. What I do is use 2 free fingers (whichever 2 are easiest at the time) to block off the above and below values of the one I want to compare. Then I slide up/down 1 from it to look at those. It is far easier to match 1 color than it is to guesstimate which one of 3 is closest. Call it the closest one, in this case, 7.2.

The instructions on my TFP kit says take the average of two ph levels if the color appears to be between the two, so that was the precedent for my question. To me, it’s not as dark as the 7.2 no matter which way I turn it.

The instructions on my TFP kit says take the average of two ph levels if the color appears to be between the two,
But it doesn't appear between the two. It appears much closer to 7.2. Subjective tests are FUN, aren't they ? :ROFLMAO:

But. Bullseye precision rarely matters. If you dose a bit early or late, it's still all good. Too early and you'll have to dose a bit early next time too. To late and a couple of days at 6.9 won't hurt anything. Do your best and you'll be right more often than not.

Reactions: AK-

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.