Help with Pentair NSP 36 Stainless Steel Top of tank seal tricks/tips

Mar 27, 2013
Newark, DE
Hi everyone, I'm going crazy here, I have been trying to get the top of my tank to seat on the bottom part ie. seal around the o-ring.

I'm using Blaster industrial strength Silicon Spray Lubricant and have cleand the o-ring, tank bottom channel and the top part as well. I've been able to do this over the past 15 years but I think my age is starting to show or I just need a new trick.

Does anyone have a trick or tool suggestion to getting this on easy? I've tried channel locks, vice grips and clamps, regardless a tool pops off due to the seesaw effect on it.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

it will bulge out a bit, that was why I couldn't get that last 30 some degrees of an arc down. And the spray lube probably isn't as sticky as what I normally used before it was more of a silicon grease so it wouldn't slide around as much. I'll try going back to the sticky grease and see if that works, nevertheless I do have a new o-ring on the way from Amazon, 14 bucks, local pool store 40 bucks!!!

Put the top on and then put the clamp on with the back of the clamp matching with the part of the top that's down.

Then begin closing the clamp and then squeeze the top closed.

The clamp will keep the back down as you close the top.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.