Help with my neighbor's pool?

byeloe

Jun 8, 2017
Lindsay Ontario
I am trying to help my neighbor balance his pool water. It is a vinyl liner with around 95000 Litres or 25000 gallons. Here are the test results.
FC 2
TC 3
CYA 20 or less
PH 6.8
TA 120
CH 275

Water is clear(can easily see the bottom in the deep end) but not crystal clear

You use cyanuric acid, stabilizer, conditioner. Walmart or Canadian Tire normally have it in powder form. Use the sock method to add it.

Aim the jets at the surface for aeration.

Back again. I managed to raise the cya upto 35-40 range. TA 100 PH 7.5 but the water is still not clear. They have an old pool, no bottom drain, skimmer in shallow end(no weir door), 3 return jets( 2 in the deep end 1 in the shallow end) The return jets have eyeballs that protrude with a side port.
They have a 2605 super pump(pretty old) and an s244T filter
I am curently slamming at 16 ppm FC, topping up Chlorine(bleach) at 7AM, 1PM and 7PM. I have left the vacuum hose in overnight to draw the water in from the bottom of the deep end.
Suggestions?

Thanks for the reply
This is the 3rd day, the FC this morning was 13.5. I was considering a deep clean, but the filter is in a shed and the plumbing connections are all done with hose clamps. I don't really want to be messing with the connections. They are 1st time pool owners and if my water wasn't crystal clear( after the spring swamp) they might be skeptical of the methods

Keep slamming, any lights or ladders that may harbor algae? If so then pull out the light and clean inside the niche. Pull out or clean behind any ladders. You can add some DE to the sand filter to help catch finer debris. Add enough DE 1 cup at a time to the skimmer until you see a 1ppm rise in pressure. Re-apply after backwashing the filter.

Keep slamming, any lights or ladders that may harbor algae? If so then pull out the light and clean inside the niche. Pull out or clean behind any ladders. You can add some DE to the sand filter to help catch finer debris. Add enough DE 1 cup at a time to the skimmer until you see a 1ppm rise in pressure. Re-apply after backwashing the filter.
Thanks, would they have DE at home depot?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.