Help with Hayward Aqualogic System Error ("Pool Bridge Comm")

Jul 13, 2008
I have Hayward Aqualogic control system connected to a Hayward Ecostar 3400 variable speed pump. The system uses the board: Hayward Goldline Pro Logic Main Circuit Board GLX-PCB-PRO. I had to replace the board about two years ago.

Over the past 10 months I have been getting various error messages in the control system and on the pump and I am not able to diagnose the problem. I know there are a lot of brilliant pool experts on TFP, so I am hoping someone can help me diagnose the problems. I am getting the following error messages:

On control system: "Pool Bridge Comm" and "Communication Err Call 1-888-921-7665"

On the variable speed pump: "Remote Control Off Low Link Quality".

I believe that the errors are related to the board/transformer getting too hot. The reason I say this is that when I take the outdoor display and unmount it from the board and dangle it on top of outdoor control system case (but sill plugged in), I rarely get the error. But, when the Houston temps get up in the high nineties, I again get this error message. When the display is mounted on board, I always get the error sometime during the day.

When I get the error, the control system separates from the VSP. If I reset the breakers and wait a little while, the control system goes back to normal until it presumably heats back up and the errors resume.

I have had various pool repair contractors take a look and none of them can diagnose the problem. The last one that came out said that the transformer get's too hot and that he suggested, as a workaround, disconnecting the pump from the control system and running each separate. I would rather fix the underlying problem.

I have attached pictures of the error messages with the hope that someone can weigh in on the problem and a potential fix. Any Houston contractors: I am happy to pay you to fix the problem!

Thanks!

Comm Error.jpgLow Link.jpgPool Bridge Comm.jpg

Is the pump on a relay or directly to a breaker?

Replace the wires from the pump to the automation if you feel comfortable doing that sort of thing
Thanks for the response. Sorry for the late reply! The Ecostar pump is on a relay. Do you think it could be a bad or loose wire? The problem seems to happen when it is very hot outside or when the system runs for a long time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.