HELP! With configuring EasyTouch Control Panel.

Yeah, I got the transceiver and the protocol adapter. One of the guys from the pool company brought it by and helped me set up a few things on it. I thought I posted that earlier, but in my excitement I must have accidentally deleted or forgotten to post my comment.

I changed his schedules because I didn't like them (he set it to run at night and I don't want it to run at night). I do think the mobile app is pretty limited too, but I set up 3 schedules/run speeds on my PC. For some reason, the app shows 3 in the menu, but only 2 when I go to the schedules page. Oh well.

The PB guy also helped me figure out how to make my therapy jets work, which I've never figured out in 6 years in this house (and in fact, I never knew I had until they told me during the remodel). They're an older style which use big PVC pipes to suck in air, and I don't have a blower, so there's a special configuration of return valves, and a certain amount of pressure needed to get the air flowing. Unfortunately, the salt cell plumbing is on a return line that doesn't go to the therapy jets, so I don't seem to be able to run those and the SWCG at the same time. With that in mind, I set up a feature circuit for running the jets that I can start outside of the "pool" run hours. Maybe I should consider getting automatic valves installed for that feature as well.

What's really interesting to me is the remote connect feature. How does that work over the internet? It must require a session with a Pentair server somewhere, which I'm actually connecting to, and which forwards data from the app to my system at home.
Screenshot_2023-07-12-11-58-54-31_b5b23ad26252a3d6d0b263e0fd063b4e.jpg
Screenshot_2023-07-12-11-59-10-72_b5b23ad26252a3d6d0b263e0fd063b4e.jpg
Screenshot_2023-07-12-12-14-38-91_b5b23ad26252a3d6d0b263e0fd063b4e.jpg

Now I'm looking at those Jandy valve actuators. Looks like they're around $200 each, and I'd need 2 of them to automate switching between my therapy jets and normal SWCG functioning. I can't imagine they're too challenging to wire in or program... Hmmm. :sneaky:

Art,

Glad you got the ScreenLogic working.. :goodjob:

Show me this page from your PC... Under "Settings"...

Show me a couple of pics of your equipment pad

Thanks,

Jim R.
I'll get a screenshot when I'm back home tonight. Maybe after hopping in my newly plastered pool for the first time!

I can't imagine they're too challenging to wire in or program...
Art,

Actuators don't really get any programming.

You just plug them into the A and B valve driver ports and assign a "Circuit Name" to them.

You just use an unused Feature circuit to control each one. Let's say that you name Valve A "Jets".. Then you assign a speed that you want the jets to run.. Let's say 2000 RPM.

When you push the "Jets" icon, the valve will turn and the pump will increase speed to 2000.

It really as simple as that.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: ArtP
Art,

Actuators don't really get any programming.

You just plug them into the A and B valve driver ports and assign a "Circuit Name" to them.

You just use an unused Feature circuit to control each one. Let's say that you name Valve A "Jets".. Then you assign a speed that you want the jets to run.. Let's say 2000 RPM.

When you push the "Jets" icon, the valve will turn and the pump will increase speed to 2000.

It really as simple as that.

Thanks,

Jim R.
That's cool. Those valves are 3-way valves. Do you have to set a start and stop point for it? Or does it always just rotate the valve 180°?

Art,

The valves comes set to move 180 degrees..

But... you can set the stops where ever you want. The Jandy valve is a 3-way valve, when used manually, but when you add an actuator, it becomes a 2-way valve. You can set stops anywhere you want, but the valve will only move from one stop to the other stop.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I think I'm all set for now. Everything is working and easy to use. Again, thank you SO MUCH for helping me out! What a relief it is to have this pool done.

Reactions: Jimrahbe

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.