help with bright green pool please

ok will do. Thanks again. I did not know that about clarifier.

Looking for advice on cloudy water. Algae is gone, water is blue, passed fc and cc test overnight, water has been blue a few days but still cloudy. Pressure is staying at 13 so I don't know if there is a lot of filtering going on. I can make out the bottom of small end but definitely cloudy. I vacuumed and brushed again yesterday. There doesn't seem to be a lot of debris of any kind on the bottom where I can see but I vacuumed anyway. The only level that is off a bit is my CA but I don't think that has much to do with cloudy water. I have been running the filter 24/7 for three weeks. Any thoughts?? Appreciate it.

Continue the SLAM. You are in the Pool Owner Patience period. With a sand filter that can take a bit longer.

Have you done the procedure of adding DE to your filter that I linked to above?

Patience.....not my strong suit! O.k. will bring fc back to 20. I have bioguard sparkle up. Directions for my sand filter are 3 cups poured in diluted to skimmer. Did that first time and pressure went from 13 to 25 within 15 minutes. Had to backwash right away. Now I add about 1/2 to 1 cup diluted very slowly to my skimmer but often the pressure goes up within an hour. Is that a good thing??? I feel I am washing it right out when I use it. I really appreciate your help with this.

And to be honest I haven't kept up with the sparkle up regularly.....focusing on brush and vacuum and fc.

Just followed the link you sent. I will assume add the sparkle up the same as d.e. method and see if that makes a difference this morning unless you think d.e. will work better. I have all day to clear this and I am determined to get it right.

Once you use up all the Sparkle up, if you want the same results at less cost buy a bag of Fiber Clear or plain DE filter media. Using prices from Amazon the Sparkle Up was $1.30 an ounce, Fiber Clear was .70 an ounce and DE was .17 an ounce.

D.E. it will be for future use. I learned my lesson on buying the overpriced sparkle up.... but makes sense to use it up. I am going to add it as directed in the link provided to me above and watch it closely to backwash and re-add as needed. Thank you very much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.