AnderJoy

Jul 23, 2021
Pennsylvania
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all, I'd be super grateful for help with figuring out how to properly connect my pump. I have a 24 ft 52 in Revelle above ground pool. The pump is Jacuzzi JPA Pro Grade Pool- Whirlpool Pump 1.5hp/.19 SPL #348179. My electrical outlet is about 30ft away from the pump. So, questions:
1. Can I run a proper extension cord permanently? Or do I have to get the outlet installed next to the pump? If I DO need an outlet, can I get by with an extension cord for two months and set it up next year with n outlet right next to it?
2. How do I bond and ground the pump? Form my research, I connect a proper awg copper wire to the lug on the motor and to any metal bolt on the pool. Is that it? What about grounding it?

I'm not an electrician by any means, but I should be able to do it with clear instructions. Thanks!

Welcome to TFP.

Using an extension cord with a pool pump is NOT safe and against electrical codes.

Read…

Taking the Mystery Out of Equipotential Bonding Requirements for Swimming Pools is a good primer to understand equipotential bonding in pools.

A good reference is from Mike Holt Enterprises on Article 680—Swimming Pools, Spas, Hot Tubs, Fountains, and Similar Installations.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.