Help with a leak!! :(

kmc2407

Jun 7, 2021
Kentucky
We finally just got our Summer waves 18x48 AGP up, yay! Began filling it with water a few hours ago after getting wrinkles out, etc,.. Went inside to cool down and when we came back out the pool was about at a foot-ish of water and we noticed on once side there was water on the tarp around 2 legs, not much but none-the-less, water! I got online to look up ideas to on how to find the leak and it was mentioned to use food coloring. We tried on that one side my husband first then me, with no luck?! I feel like its possibly a pin-hole sized leak (teeny) and maybe why were not seeing the water flow out like we had hoped. Were having patience and staying still, made sure the water hose was out first of course... Any other suggestions would be appreciated!? TIA!!!

If the leak is near the bottom of the pool, you nay have a hard time trying to look for a pinhole with no movement. Eventually the water will continue to drop and stop where the leak is, but hopefully you don't lose all your water waiting that way. It's just a tedious job trying to find a tiny leak like that. Hopefully you get it soon.

full

Reactions: kmc2407
If the leak is near the bottom of the pool, you nay have a hard time trying to look for a pinhole with no movement. Eventually the water will continue to drop and stop where the leak is, but hopefully you don't lose all your water waiting that way. It's just a tedious job trying to find a tiny leak like that. Hopefully you get it soon.

full
Thanks! as stupid as it sounds its kind of nice to know it isn't just us and can be normal having this much trouble 😭 Its very frustrating when we were SOOO close to being able to use it! ahh! I'm thinking tomorrow if it hasn't drained considerably, I might drain it to about 6 or so inches and see if that helps. Ill get on my hands and knees and just keep looking closely. The syringe makes sense to get it closer to the bottom which is where I feel like the leak is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.