HELP!! Which to choose?

MomOfBoys0407

Feb 26, 2019
Texas
I had a 30 foot round pool installed a little over 2 years ago. Last summer my liner caught several leaks due to nutgrass/nutsedge. Now, I'm having to replace the liner, but I need help choosing a protective barrier against the nutgrass nightmare. What has anyone heard or experienced with Perfect Pool Bottom, Supreme Hard Bottom, and Happy Bottom? I'm having a hard time choosing because I don't want to waste $2000 by purchasing a bad product. Thanks!

I found this response (on a post from another owner asking similar question) Before setting up pool
Good morning and welcome to the forum! :wave: While I don't have a specific name brand herbicide to recommend, you do want to use one. In addition, many above ground owners will go one step further and install a ground layer covering before installing the pool frame and liner. A ground layer of some sort provides that additional insurance to help reduce the likelihood of stubborn TX weeds from trying to push-up through the liner. Here in TX we have some very stubborn, aggressive weeds (i.e. nutgrass) that seem to grow through anything. Do a search for ground coverings and you should see items like insulation panels, Gorilla Pads, etc. Hope that helps. Good luck on your build.

Reactions: MomOfBoys0407
Thanks! I saw a few posts online that said Gorilla Pad doesn't protect against nutgrass. :-( So, I kept researching and came across these three with few reviews to make a decision. If you happen to see something that talks about either or all of the three I would really appreciate it. Thanks again!

Reactions: splashpad
Whatever you buy, be sure and buy a product that kills nutgrass and saturate the ground where the liner will go. A layer of roofing felt on the dirt and then whatever foam bottom you buy on top of the roofing felt and you should not have any more problems with nutgrass!

this is what i used last year .https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N702VUL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. it worked really good. the past few years i would tend to get 1 or 2 nutsedge poke through the liner. but this past year i did not get any. i also did use this https://smile.amazon.com/Image-100099405-Kills-Nutsedge-Concentrate/dp/B0753MBFRH/ref=sr_1_11?crid=XJBV8E2CU6ET&keywords=nutsedge+killer&qid=1551539847&s=lawn-garden&sprefix=nutsedge,lawngarden,190&sr=1-11. i completely soaked the ground before putting my anti fatigue foam pads. i then put that armor shield on top of the foam.

Reactions: splashpad
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.