Help using Hayward VS pump speeds/timers

Jul 13, 2017
Texas
I have the Hayward SP32900VSP and have programmed a timer to run it at 1150 rpm for 11 hrs from 8a - 7p. This equates to 30 gpm which turns my 10,000 gallon pool over twice a day.

However, when I'm swimming I may want to operate my fountains which requires a higher speed. I push a preset speed 3 of 2400 rpm and open the fountain valve.

After I'm done swimming, how do I resume the preset timer schedule? If I press stop/resume, the pump stops. I press it again and it begins priming (high speed) and displays "Speed 3 will end at 8a."

I am not sure how you can resume the program on the Hayward pump. But I would create another preset for 1150 rpm that you can change the pump to until the program kicks in at 8am.

Each time you press the same speed button it adds 30 minutes to the time that particular speed runs. If you press another button, the first is cancelled and the second one runs for 30 minutes for each button press. That being said, if you press the button for 2400 rpm one time, 30 minutes later the pump will return to the previous programmed speed.

Pressing stop/resume with pump running will stop the pump. The pump will stay off until the stop/resume button is pressed again. At that point, the pump will run thru a priming cycle (default prime is 3 minutes) and then go to programmed speed (or off) based on time and program set.

You can check your entire program setup by entering the program menu. Check the manual for how to do that.

Exactly as proavia said. Now if you want to return to 1150 rpm, you could pre-program one of your preset speeds to 1150 rpm. For example, set Speed 1 to 1150 rpm. After you have finished swimming and no longer want to run the fountains, you would press Speed 1 once to override Speed 3. Speed 1 will run for 30 minutes and then the pump will return to the previous programmed speed which happens to be 1150 rpm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.