Help- trying not to add chemicals we don’t need!!! So confused !

Kmeans

Jul 29, 2018
Windham, NH
Hi-

Trying to stop making pool stores rich! We got water tested and both chlorine levels were 3.96,
Ph was 7.8
I can’t remember Other levels and lost my sheet! But they said I needed 17 lbs of calcium up, 8 lbs of alkalinity up and 4 lbs of cya-

Does all that need to be added?! What are the values I should be focusing on?

Thank u!!!

Hi-

Trying to stop making pool stores rich! We got water tested and both chlorine levels were 3.96,
Ph was 7.8
I can’t remember Other levels and lost my sheet! But they said I needed 17 lbs of calcium up, 8 lbs of alkalinity up and 4 lbs of cya-

Does all that need to be added?! What are the values I should be focusing on?

Thank u!!!
I’m right there with you. Found this site last week. I was told to order a reliable test kit first. Then, I read as much as I could find on this site. TFPC for Beginners

OH! And fill out your signature line with as much info as possible so that the experts have the info they need to help you with your specific pool. ?

Did you get a test kit as was recommended last year? Also the list of articles that were recommended, you may want to review them.

We cannot provide guidance based on pool store tests. You do not have a signature so we do not know what type of pool you have or any of the equipment.

If you have a vinyl liner pool, you do not need calcium. With a pH of 7.8, I doubt you need baking soda (alkalinity up). You may need CYA if this is a fresh fill.

Provide us some more information and we can at least help you get the water safe to swim until you get the test kit you will order.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.