Help/Suggestions for deck drain material.

May 12, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Happy Memorial weekend all!
We are under construction for a new pool and the deck drain we have installed on the current pool has been nothing short of a trip hazard. Not to mention the shrinking.
I am looking for assistance on what is out there to have a better/safer product. Deck length will run approx 40 LF so cost is somewhat a consideration.
We are located in Las Vegas NV and temps swings can easily range be below freezing to well in the 115 F range.
Any help and or directions would be much appreciated.

Can you post a picture? My drains are the white channel drain. Have been in for 10 years with no issue.

Mine are a single piece. Yours looks like a channel and cover. And black is not a good color for our area.

Do a search. Big issue is getting out what you have. It was put in place when the patio was. So likely stuck in there pretty good.

I came across the description of something described as hidden or invisible drains. The owner used standard 90mm (~31/2”) stormwater pipe with long holes cut out off the top. The pipe was buried into the sub structure, concrete in this case, and the tiler left a 3/4” gap between the tiles that ran along the top of the pipe with holes. I found a pic with an imbedded commercially available product that kind of shows what I mean. When using a round pipe the tiles above have more support that shown in the pic. The owner said they had to ensure both the tiler and builder were on the same page and knew what was happening.

So imagine the same basic structure but a round pipe with slot like cutouts along the top instead of the square drain.
IMG_7706.jpeg