Help still a newbie

Kim1181

Bronze Supporter
May 5, 2017
Cross Hill, SC
Went on vacation for 4 days came home and my pool is green! The pool calculator is confusing me. My readings are: FC 3.5. Ph 8. TA 70. CH 50 CYA 55. I'm tired and confused. Please help. I did add 45 oz of bleach. My pol is 14,500 AGP

Wow, 4 days is fast for water to turn green if the FC was increased before you left. Well, no worries, now you need to SLAM. Things to do now:
1 - Lower pH to about 7.2
2 - Because your CYA is rounded up to 60, increase the FC to "24" and keep it there as much as you can until you pass the 3 SLAM criteria (link below). Make sure to follow the instructions on the SLAM page carefully.

As for the calculator, do the pH first, entering your now value (8) and a goal of 7.2. Next is the FC. Enter your current FC (3.5) and then your goal of "24". There's a "WEIGHT" field for percentage, so make sure to manually enter the strength of your chlorine. If it's regular household bleach, it may be 8.25%, but double check.

That's it! Test as often and increase FC to stay at 24 and you should be on your way. Good luck!

Re: What is this?

From the angle of the picture it could be blue water and a blue liner with reflection of the green trees on the surface. Hard to tell from where I'm sitting.

20x40 IG, Hayward maxflo vs, tagelus t60 sand filter, Taylor test kit, diy solar panels for heating pool water, full size solar blanket to keep the heat we get and of course -
'More fun than you can shake a stick at'

What is this?

Well, I'd call it cloudy with a hint of green.

To be honest, doesn't matter.

The SLAM is still the proper next step. Follow all steps on the SLAM page.

You should keep all your posts in the same thread for the same topic. Feel free to bump if it's been a little too long since somebody answered you. Others answering this thread may not realize you have another thread going with the same issue. A SLAM was recommended there also.

Still slamming! The struggle is real but I'm finally seeing progress. Pictures are from Tuesday night and Thursday night. I work full time and can only work on the pool in the evenings. I'll be soooooo glad when my slam is finished. 20229293_10213412002595267_5508854999792233037_n.jpg20245831_10213412001275234_8617207428532626433_n.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.