Help Selecting the Right SWCG

Loren42

Aug 1, 2022
Florida Space Coast
Looking for the right system for my pool of 20K gallons in sunny Florida.

A 40K generator would be the minimum size, but I am leaning toward 60K as the cost premium is not that much more.

I like the Pentair IC60KIT, but the requirement for professional installation for a warranty is a bit disturbing.

I do not have automation for my pool. Might be nice, but not right now.

Do you have automation? I have the circupool RJ-60+ I like the 5% increment adjustment on output, and Circupool is very good on DIY install warrantee. There are other brand options in this size. I'm sure if you hang around the hoop other will chime in with good solutions! I have no connection to Circupool, other than being a happy customer.

You can go to this page below and get the 60 for $1 upgrade over the 45. Not sure if that is a good deal or just good marketing. I got mine for a $10 upgrade. LOL

Circupool Warranty, as that seems important to you:
1659577244366.png
Page 23

Last edited:
I like the Pentair IC60KIT, but the requirement for professional installation for a warranty is a bit disturbing.
If you get the EC part number, then they come with a 1 year warranty with DIY install.

After your first cell, then you get a 2 year warranty on a cell only, with DIY install.

I have had a Circupool RJ-30+ for about three years now. I installed it myself with the vertical install kit. I was drawn to it by other members here and their warranty that also covers DIY installs was big for me. I have a had only one issue that was their fault, and they had a replacement to me the next day. The other issue was scaling and totally my fault, but they were still very helpful. I also like how it is clear so you can actually see if it is generating. For what its worth they replaced my cell right after the two year mark and I only paid shipping. Either way you can call during normal business hours and a real person will pick up for tech support. Try that with Pentair or Hayward.

Yes, the feedback I have seen on the Circupool RJ series seems pretty good.

My only concern is the impact of southern facing direct sunlight in Florida on the plastic control box and possibly the chlorinator. I wish the original builders had thought to put all the pool equipment on the northern side of the house, but everything is on the southwest corner of the house and is blasted with Florida sun year round.

It's like a constant solar flare beating on your house. :)

I just did my own self install. Power center is 60 day warranty, since it is not an EC product but the salt cell itself comes with 2 year warranty, even on the first cell. Here is copy of the warranty info from pentair: Ecommerce (EC) products: Products purchased from an Authorized Pentair Online Reseller (products beginning with EC-) receive a one (1) year (parts only) warranty from the date of purchase. The exceptions are: IntelliChlor cells and IntelliFlo SVRS pumps which receive a two (2) year warranty. EC products are not eligible for the bundled three (3) year extended warranty.

Yes, the feedback I have seen on the Circupool RJ series seems pretty good.

My only concern is the impact of southern facing direct sunlight in Florida on the plastic control box and possibly the chlorinator. I wish the original builders had thought to put all the pool equipment on the northern side of the house, but everything is on the southwest corner of the house and is blasted with Florida sun year round.

It's like a constant solar flare beating on your house. :)
I am in Texas so the sun is pretty bad here. I have a neighbor next to me so the pool pad doesn’t get sun all day but it does get sun most of the hottest part of the day my control box is fine and the cell is still clear.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.