Help! Replacement for Jandy lite 2 heater control assembly

Crani07

Feb 28, 2015
Winston-Salem, NC
I have a well maintained but older laars Jandy lite 2 NG heater. I need replacement new or used for the heater control assembly R0366200. I have looked low and high and the one or two that may be in stock around $500. I have gone through the diagnostics from the manual and all voltages etc check out. The lcd screen like everyone knows who has this deteriorated over time. I can see just enough to see no service error codes and that when I go to try and turn on pool heat the symbol stays off. I have done a reset of system. I do not have it set up with timer to the pump. And no spa setup. So is pretty streamlined. The button for off/on is about gone. Not sure if anyone has any shortcuts. All I want right now is to get it heating and I will manually shut off. It worked fine one week ago. I believe I have done all the known troubleshooting but I am wide open to any suggestions from a quick fix just to fire it up or a reasonable source for replacement board. I previous post recommended a company that rebuild Jandy boards but contacted him today and this board is not repairable.

Attachments

• 267C8683-F0A5-4E52-AF35-BB8F290D37C1.jpeg
    267C8683-F0A5-4E52-AF35-BB8F290D37C1.jpeg
    488.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 8F369F7B-4527-4322-B24F-A22DFA24499D.jpeg
    8F369F7B-4527-4322-B24F-A22DFA24499D.jpeg
    667.7 KB · Views: 19
I have a well maintained but older laars Jandy lite 2 NG heater. I need replacement new or used for the heater control assembly R0366200. I have looked low and high and the one or two that may be in stock around $500. I have gone through the diagnostics from the manual and all voltages etc check out. The lcd screen like everyone knows who has this deteriorated over time. I can see just enough to see no service error codes and that when I go to try and turn on pool heat the symbol stays off. I have done a reset of system. I do not have it set up with timer to the pump. And no spa setup. So is pretty streamlined. The button for off/on is about gone. Not sure if anyone has any shortcuts. All I want right now is to get it heating and I will manually shut off. It worked fine one week ago. I believe I have done all the known troubleshooting but I am wide open to any suggestions from a quick fix just to fire it up or a reasonable source for replacement board. I previous post recommended a company that rebuild Jandy boards but contacted him today and this board is not repairable.
I am in an odd position where we may be able to help each other. I have this same heater, brand new (small town plumbing store close out auction, and a spectacular deal). I, being a bit too rammy about things while removing the cover, managed to break the transformer on the power control board, and as best I have been able to find, it's likely a custom component that I can't just buy a replacement to solder in. I would be interested in taking your old board off your hands (all I need is the transformer that feeds the hot surface igniter, so even a dead board is useful). Let me know what you would want for it, and we can discuss shipping etc.

If you are still struggling to find a replacement, I am in Canada, and could happily work with you as a go between to get a new board to you.

I am in an odd position where we may be able to help each other. I have this same heater, brand new (small town plumbing store close out auction, and a spectacular deal). I, being a bit too rammy about things while removing the cover, managed to break the transformer on the power control board, and as best I have been able to find, it's likely a custom component that I can't just buy a replacement to solder in. I would be interested in taking your old board off your hands (all I need is the transformer that feeds the hot surface igniter, so even a dead board is useful). Let me know what you would want for it, and we can discuss shipping etc.

If you are still struggling to find a replacement, I am in Canada, and could happily work with you as a go between to get a new board to you.
Sure. I think I could do that. Are you in immediate need or can you wait a bit? You’ll need to show me exactly what you need and make me an offer. One option is I list on eBay I’d coordinate that with you. That way we are both protected on the sale?

I just re-read your post, and I may have gotten over-excited about seeing a solution to my own troubles.

You posted about this part: https://torontopoolsupplies.ca/jand...MIm-LH-ue3-QIV5MmUCR3atAADEAQYASABEgKmxPD_BwE

I am looking for this one, which it connects to: https://torontopoolsupplies.ca/jand...MIm-LH-ue3-QIV5MmUCR3atAADEAQYAiABEgJrLvD_BwE

If if turns out that you are replacing the power control board down the road, or the entire unit, please let me know!

Beyond that, if you do need some help to arrange shipping of the part you are after, I am still willing.

I just re-read your post, and I may have gotten over-excited about seeing a solution to my own troubles.

You posted about this part: https://torontopoolsupplies.ca/jand...MIm-LH-ue3-QIV5MmUCR3atAADEAQYASABEgKmxPD_BwE

I am looking for this one, which it connects to: https://torontopoolsupplies.ca/jand...MIm-LH-ue3-QIV5MmUCR3atAADEAQYAiABEgJrLvD_BwE

If if turns out that you are replacing the power control board down the road, or the entire unit, please let me know!

Beyond that, if you do need some help to arrange shipping of the part you are after, I am still willing.
At this point I may just be replacing the heater so I would part it out. But I won’t know for a few weeks what I’m doing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.