Urbandweller

Jul 24, 2020
Sacramento, CA
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi,
I just purchased a house with a pool and it has a broken gas heater and a working solar heater. Given that the gas heater is broken I am trying to remove it since there is already solar as well and I live in a warm climate (Sacramento). I was going to form a U shaped connector from the heater inlet to outlet however cannot find the correct couplings (it's a pentair heater). Instead, I am considering cutting the plumbing pipe and just connect input to output (see photo). My question is, there is a check valve after the heater output before the SWG. Do I still need that part or can I remove it since I will no longer have a gas heater. The valve in question is circled in the photo. My proposed cuts to plumbing are with red lines and I will connect between them removing the circled valve.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0286.JPG
    IMG_0286.JPG
    574.4 KB · Views: 8
The check valve there is not needed. Was probably there for when they had a trichlor tablet feeder.

The Pentair unions are proprietary. So you will need to cut them off and connect things separately.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.