DeQuincy, Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
I wanted to inquire with everyone here about how to remedy my hot pool water. It’s basically like taking a bath except outside. I have a water fall and my pool runs during the day time to ensure I don’t lose my FC level. I currently lose 3ppm from sunlight and my SWG is set to make up for it. I heard about possibly running it at night, but just like with everything pool related I’d rather ask the experts. Please let me know your thoughts? One thing to mention I don’t normally run the water fall but I can if need be. Thanks for any information.

Get a chiller...

Reactions: JB89
I use one of these
Pool Waterfall Fountain Spary Water with Adjustable Fun Sprinklers Swimming Pool Decor, Fits Most 1.5" Above In Ground Threaded Return Jets Amazon.com
IMG_5542_Original.jpeg
It works well. You can use more than 1 if you have another available jet.
I just turned mine on today (should have done it yesterday) as my water is now 90 degrees. The more “air” you get with it the better.

I use one of these
Pool Waterfall Fountain Spary Water with Adjustable Fun Sprinklers Swimming Pool Decor, Fits Most 1.5" Above In Ground Threaded Return Jets Amazon.com
View attachment 508524
It works well. You can use more than 1 if you have another available jet.
I just turned mine on today (should have done it yesterday) as my water is now 90 degrees. The more “air” you get with it the better.
I ordered one and will try it out tomorrow once it comes in. Thank you!

Reactions: Mdragger88
Texas Splash is cheap & easy. Ha ha. But I do like the other ideas above. I try to do it as early in the morning as possible before temps get out of control.

full

Reactions: JB89 and Mdragger88
Fwiw, I run mine during the day mostly, 7am-7pm & still see good results.
This is evidenced by comparing to my neighbor who doesn’t have one & his pool gets terribly hot. He also has an inground pool which doesn’t benefit quite as quickly with cooler ambient temps as my above ground but I figure mine gets hotter faster too so it probably evens out there.
When it’s crazy hot I might run it 24/7 for a couple of days to keep the temp under control.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The finer the mist the better cooling effect. Also the higher it shoots in the air the more it will cool. Even when it hasn't been running long enough to cool the water, standing under the arch of the water feels much cooler too.
Yes - standing under mine felt immensely cooler even though I had just turned it on & the water was still 90 degrees.
Its also a nice respite to go underneath it occasionally when lounging on the float & its super hot out!

Reactions: JB89
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.