Help Please!

When you say "shock" treatment what do you mean? As in bags of "shock"?

For right now ONLY use bleach or chlorine please.

The nasty brownish foam is what you are killing with the bleach.

We will get your pool clear!

Kim

Yeah I shocked it with bagged shock a couple times till I joined this forum. The last time, I used bleach cause of recommendations on here. I found 8% bleach at local dollar store so that is what I used. I never used bleach before because I figured I would need a ton of it to do the job. 19x37 oval in ground. I have faith we will get it going thanks to everyone.

OK!! Got my filter fixed and got my Kit! Here are my first readings... The pool is cloudy and turqoise in color. what do you guys think? I'm going to vacuum again while i wait for responses. THANKS!

Free Chlorine- 3
Total Chlorine- 4
Combined Chlorine- 1
PH- 7.2
ALk. 110
Hardness- 300
CYA- 37
+ 2 Base Demand.

HAHAHAHA KimKats! Lets do this!! :) I put bleach in the pool to begin slamming. how long do I wait before I check my first FC reading? Another thing I just noticed... How am I suppose to know when my FC gets to 16 when my test kit only reads to 5? **** I think I got the wrong kit. I think its a Taylor 2005. ugh

Darn, darn, darn! We will have to fix that! I will do some checking to find what you can do or buy to get you what that kit is missing.

For right now I want to answer you question about when to test after adding stuff.

-run pump for 30 mins. before testing

-test and add what is needed

-let pump run for 30 mins. then retest

It looks like you need to order this:

TFTestkits.net

This will allow you to test up to 50 FC

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.