HELP needed

kazer15

In The Industry
Dec 11, 2021
UK
I used an algaecide in my indoor pool yesterday, water had green tinge and looked tired but it has now gone very murky. I use bromine as a sanitizer, the readings were
TA 132
PH 7.3
BR 3.0

TDS was low and I not shocked for a month.

Any advice on how to clear it? I have put Lo-chlor miraclear clarifier in and I used lo-Chlor knockout algaecide. It’s a liner pool and volume 25m3. Photo is at steps usually clear to the bottom!

Attachments

• 6EA875CD-B2E9-43A9-BEDE-2C4D56AD6BE1.jpeg
    6EA875CD-B2E9-43A9-BEDE-2C4D56AD6BE1.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 4
You need to provide more information about the pool - size, equipment, what bromine products you have been using, how often you are using them, etc.

But basically you need to stop adding “magic potions” (clarifier, algaecide, etc) and simply move towards adding enough liquid chlorine to bring the bromine levels up to shock levels (16-20 ppm) and then maintain those levels until the pool clears. You need to stay on top of the filter and clean it regularly when the pressure rise is more than 25% over clean pressure (so if clean pressure is 10psi then you must clean it when it hits 12.5psi). The algaecides and clarifiers are not doing you any good at this point and clarifiers can gum up a filter and reduce its efficiency.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.