Help needed in Charleston SC

chspooldude

Jun 9, 2020
Charleston
Hello TFP! The site is an amazing resource and as such I am looking for guidance due to my lack of knowledge as we have never purchased/owned a pool before.
As I look around the site at other builds I feel the pool builders in our area are definitely on the high side of cost for what you seemingly get. We received quotes on a few different types of pools and the price point for gunite pools in our market is over our budget (like way over). Attached are the details for the pool we are currently considering. It was sold to us a type of pool that would be more resilient to soil/settlement issues due to its I-beam construction. I am mainly looking for general advice - is this quote ridiculous? Are these components decent? etc. ... We are just a little overwhelmed looking at everything.

Thanks!
Quote-Cropped.pngDrawing.PNGDrawing-Details.PNG

Welcome to the forum!
Cost, etc is very local. Even dependent on what neighborhood you live in.
Never heard of a poly pool. Is it a vinyl liner or fiberglass.
It shows ionizer/salt/ tab chlorinator. You only need the salt water chlorine generator. Be sure it is rated for twice your pool water volume.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

It is a vinyl liner. POLY must be a reference to the panel walls they use (just a guess).
I will ask about the SWCG specifically - I assume it will be Pentair based on the pump being used.

I appreciate you taking a look - anything else that looks out of the ordinary or questions I should ask the builder for a specific answer on?

Thanks again!

The Superflo VS is a good basic VS pump. I assume you are not having any automation.
Be sure the builder includes a timer for the SWCG. You need to be sure there is no power to the SWCG when the pump is not running. Without automation, you have to use a timer on the SWCG so that you can schedule it within the times you have set on the VS pump to run.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.