Help me weigh pros and cons of SWG

Fire away. 90s don't matter on short plumbing runs. Your home is full of them without care. Pex sweeps without a splice when possible simply because no connection beats an eventually failed connection. It does matter for the 25 mile (?) run for municipal water to get to your house, and for non pressurized drain lines.

Reactions: thunder550
+1. I sold a full case of shock bags that I inherited with the move. The guy who bought them was a caretaker for an indoor pool in a mansion and was getting paid to screw it up. He was buying them with or without me so I didn't feel bad one bit. He wouldn't have listened if I did try to tell him better anyway.

Or keep em for vacations and/or when the CYA needs a little boost.

Good idea, didn't even think about reselling the tabs (y)

Just checked, no leaks...yay!

So...control panel install tomorrow. Also bought spray paint for the pipes to try and match/protect. My salinity test kit arrives Saturday, so I should be able to test and add the necessary salt. Then probably shoot for firing it up Sunday after the salt dissolves. Also ordering a sun shade for the equipment area to keep the sun off as much as possible.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Put 160 lbs of salt in this morning, swept until I couldn't see it on the bottom, then let the vacuum run for about 4 hours. Turned the system on, it says 4000ppm salinity and is doing it's thing, even with my pump running at 1000 rpm 😁

Is it normal to get little bubbles from the cell? They go away when I turn the system off. One of my jets is now producing bubbles but the other two are not.

Let's see if these gifs work...

20220513_114131_1.gif

20220513_114156_1.gif

You have your cell oriented correctly for low flow. If it was reversed a large area of your plates would be in the bubble that forms, not good for FC production. I also have two returns and the H bubbles are much higher in one than the other. My return furthest from the pump has more bubbles but I have no idea how it was plumbed exactly.

Hope you’re loving it. I just installed a Jacuzzi SWG. $1500 +\- and took about 1 hour install PVC and electrical. BEST purchase of the year. Easy maintenance and feels great.

I am using my solar heater right now as it is starting to heat up in AZ to keep the pool a comfy 87 so my pump is running little longer than I normally would have it set.

Hope you’re loving it. I just installed a Jacuzzi SWG. $1500 +\- and took about 1 hour install PVC and electrical. BEST purchase of the year. Easy maintenance and feels great.

I am using my solar heater right now as it is starting to heat up in AZ to keep the pool a comfy 87 so my pump is running little longer than I normally would have it set.
So far so good! How do you like that solar heater?

I raised my CYA from 50 to 80 yesterday.
Started with FC at 8ppm yesterday before powering on...started SWG system at 20% and after about 4 hours it had already raised FC to 9ppm. Turned it down to 10% around 2pm yesterday, and this morning I'm now at 10ppm. I left it there for now...will test again tomorrow morning and adjust down to 5% if necessary. I've been running my pump 24/7...maybe have to switch it off sometimes if 5% keeps raising my FC too. I guess that's a good problem to have 😂

I think the PH “thing” is extremely over hyped for SWG. Yes your PH will rise pretty quickly. At first I was paranoid that I would lower to 7.4 then it was a 7.8 within two days. However with that said I realized it would pretty much stabilize at 7.8/7.9. I just came back from a trip for 10 days and I was at 7.9. I realize all pools are different but I find it hard to believe that the majority of SWG pool have PH’s that rise above 8 at the most. Check your CSI and adjust accordingly. Point is I think we put too much emphasis on “rising PH” as a deterrent for not getting an SWG. As I say all the time here in Houston I’d rather saw my arm off than not have an SWG…

So far so good! How do you like that solar heater?

I raised my CYA from 50 to 80 yesterday.
Started with FC at 8ppm yesterday before powering on...started SWG system at 20% and after about 4 hours it had already raised FC to 9ppm. Turned it down to 10% around 2pm yesterday, and this morning I'm now at 10ppm. I left it there for now...will test again tomorrow morning and adjust down to 5% if necessary. I've been running my pump 24/7...maybe have to switch it off sometimes if 5% keeps raising my FC too. I guess that's a good problem to have 😂
Love the solar. This is our first summer in this house, and we’re finding we get probably a extra 1-2 months of swimming on the front and back end of the season. I am able to maintain 87 degrees no problem. It drops at night here in North Phoenix but by 12 I can get it up over 90 no problem especially after this weekend. I got it to 90 yesterday at 1 but turned it off because it was way to warm. I’m curious on the cooling function it has too.

My lowest setting on my SWG is 25% and Its what I have it set too. At 25% and the pump running majority of the day to heat the pool and gets my FC slightly higher than I would like but don’t feel any effects on the body so it’s all good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.