Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Something else!

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

RS220

Gold Supporter
May 24, 2019
Fresno, CA
They're going to start digging later this week or next, so it's time to pick tile.

Help! I want all the opinions. The deck will just be plain brushed concrete, and the little oval in the center of each is the Pebblefina Bella Blue sample. I tried searching the forum for these tile names and didn't find anything, so I'm not sure if anyone has either of these installed. All tile is from NPT. These pics were taken with my Pixel, colors vary all over the place so it's just really hard to say.

Waterfall - Yosemite
Tile Series: Waterfall
I'm drawn to the modern vibe and almost wood grain look in some pieces. I can't decide how it will look with the concrete. Sometimes it looks brown, sometimes grey. I almost like that it is grey with warm tones to complement the warm tones of the yard, but I'm just afraid it won't all pull together nicely.

Serpentine - Marine
Tile Series: Serpentine
I love the mix of color, and I like that's it's not too bright and has a bit more blue in it, even though the blue disappeared in my picture. Worried it will be jarring and pull attention in a weird way because of the extreme color variations, but the one picture I saw of it in a pool looked nice.

I am with Lorri on this one.

No matter which one you pick you will HAVE to go through each and every tile due to the variety of colors and patterns. There are some that are extra pretty. You will want them to go to a high sight line area. THEN there are going to be some that are extra ugly! You will want to hide those so they don't get used at all. I would even kind of plan out where each one will go. I DO have control issues so................but there was one build where the tilers put all of the light colored tiles together and all of the darker colored tiles together...........it looked AWFUL!! The PB made them come back out and redo the whole thing. This time the pool owners was there to help pick where the tiles went. It turned out MUCH better.

Kim:kim:

Reactions: Texgirl
Picture of the house is below, this was while roof was being redone, the roof is now a medium dark grey. Yard is just a blank slate right now, no particular color scheme, but there's no getting around the browns of dirt and trees, and the fence. The patio cover being built will be white. Included a picture of our kitchen, which opens up to the yard and will carry the same feel to the patio. We went with a grey/white/brown color scheme that's been repeated throughout the house. Fixtures and furniture throughout are an admittedly eclectic collection that tends toward either rustic industrial or old glam.

When I go back to the tile store this week I'll be more mindful of texture, it wasn't something that crossed my mind. Good tip, thank you!

Another maybe crazy idea that I had last night was using the NPT Tulipwood 6" x 36" tile planks. These actually come very close to matching our interior flooring, and in the picture below the blue shade was used as waterline tile. Ours would just be the one row. Too crazy? Impractical? On the plus side there would be less grout to worry about.

blue-6x36.jpg

Your second choice does not go, are you painting the exterior of your house? Have you considered a more natural stone to give some balance? I fully understand Kims point on selection of tiles however I also favor the random layout others will do. If I want to sit and nit pick my pool the travertine layout is not even on the list!!!

After a few days you do not notice and no one else will either!!!

John

Reactions: Chickinvic
That kitchen, oh that kitchen! It is SO Pretty!!!! LOVE the tile work done with the 1x2 accent in it!

Yeah that second tile will not work with it if you try to carry that kitchen color out. NOW we NEED to find out if the flooring can be used or tile that looks just like it. Where did that picture of it come from? Does it have a link or name of them?

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.