Help me pick a paint?

Arcturusdrive

Mar 15, 2019
NC
Hi folks, long time lurker here.

We have 4 brick columns surrounding our pool. The brick won't touch the water but is very likely to be splashed, exposed to significant UV, etc. Our PB has suggested getting a penetrating concrete sealer or stain (and we were hoping to tint it to match the trim (which needs to be repainted) on our deck). When I've started to look around at the options, who knew there were so many types of paint? Does anyone have a suggestion for what might work best here?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 6.08.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 6.08.22 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1972.jpeg
    IMG_1972.jpeg
    714.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I would never paint something that is maintenance free. From that point forward you'll now have to do some maintaining of the painted surface. Brick lasts virtually forever with no maintenance at all. I am sure someone with more knowledge will chime in but that is my take.

What trim are you trying to match?

I am with pooly............I like them like they are. Ask the spouse if THEY are willing to remove and redo the paint when it is needed down the road..........because it WILL be needed at some point and it will NOT be fun!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.