Help me overflow my sand filter!

tedbundrick

Apr 24, 2019
Lafayette
Pentair Triton II sand filter, 2” Pentair multi port valve (261055). Pump is off and I’m hose cleaning my sand filter with intention of overflowing bad water out manually, via open sand filter top. Can’t seem to find multi port option that allows water to overtake top, without somehow allowing water to escape through piping. Help!

you should have a 2 or 3 port valve on each line, 1 between your pool and pump and 1 between your filter and pool to shut off the water flow to and from the pool..

Like this https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SG7NRM

You can see 2 here but there is also another one on the other side of my SWG..

absolutely. I had that set to closed position as well. Puzzling indeed. Best bet may just be to block off the 2 valves going in/out of sand filter. Thanks

you should have a 2 or 3 port valve on each line, 1 between your pool and pump and 1 between your filter and pool to shut off the water flow to and from the pool..

Like this Amazon.com : Jandy 4724 2-Port 1-1/2 to 2-Inch Positive Seal NeverLube Valve : Swimming Pool Filter Valves : Garden & Outdoor

You can see 2 here but there is also another one on the other side of my SWG..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.