Help me interpret these results

Hanleyt

Jul 22, 2019
Houston, TX
New pool Owner here. I’ve been paying the pool builder $160 a month to maintain my pool. Water looks good but I wanted to get it checked myself bc my pool guy doesn’t seem to test it and doesn’t spend much time when he comes. Attached are the results. Is this as bad as it seems?

Attachments

• E44FF138-488B-47B2-B00C-7DEA8D9F59D8.jpeg
    E44FF138-488B-47B2-B00C-7DEA8D9F59D8.jpeg
    568.1 KB · Views: 20
Hi fellow Houstonian. Well good that your FC is high because your CYA is out of sight.
Have you been using chlorine pucks since having the pool?
If you want to have accurate results, you will need to do your own testing, preferably using the TF-100 test kit at tftestkits.net
There is a way to test your CYA more accurately than at Leslie's but at least you have a gauge as to how high it is. As noted on the Leslie's test results, you will need to replace your existing water, probably a lot. Not sure how big your pool is and there are guidelines as to how to drain on the forum.
Your CYA needs to be addressed first so you can ensure your pool is properly sanitized to swim.
Others such as @mknauss or @Jimrahbe will jump in for more specifics.

Is this as bad as it seems?

H,

Actually worse because of the time of year... The main problem you have is that your CYA is about 5 times higher than we recommend.. The only way to fix the problem is to drain your water and start over. But... That is something you might not want to do this time of year.. You don't want your plaster to dry out.

If you read the following links, I think it will help you understand the problem and a little bit about us..

ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Recommended Levels

FC/CYA Levels

Our website is dedicated to teaching pool owners, just like you, how to take care of their own pool and stay out of places like Leslies..

We would be glad to show you how our pool care process works, and why it is better than any pool service can provide.

Read the links and then let us know what you think.. I am sure you will have plenty of questions, so just fire away..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.