Help me identify my filter

I know this is an old thread, but I was looking for the same answer.

I found this in a manual on Pentair's site.http://www.pentairpool.com/products/filters-de-smbw-4000-series-filters-152.htm

Measuring from the ground to the top of the filter:The
Pentair 4036 is 36 9/16"
Pentair 4048 is 42 7/16"
Pentair 4060 is 48 7/16"

It helped me identify my filter, and it Richard's filter would be the 4060 based on the dimensions given in his post. I hope this helps anyone else looking!

My pool has a Pentair 4000 series DE filter. Which 4000 series is a mystery. The decal is blistered and flaked, I can find no model number anywhere. I scoured the Pentair website, downloaded all the pdf files that apply, and scrutinized them. Identifying it would be a cakewalk if I had the filter apart - just measure the height of the screens. Or the center rod. But it's not apart. Seems to be working fine, so I'm not going to tear it apart just for that. I'm a mechanic by trade - I've learned and relearned not to disturb seals for no good reason! I just want to know how much DE to add when I backflush, and for that, I need the size.

So I emailed Pentair. Here's the reply: No, it won't. I tried that already.

The filter is 49" from the pad to the top of the tank, not including the pressure gauge/air bleed.
The lid is 16" from the top of the clamp to the top of the tank, not including the gauge.

Does anyone out there have a Pentair 4000 with similar dimensions who can tell me the model number?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.