Help Me Get My Hot Tub Running

Nov 15, 2018
Orlando, Fl
I've never owned a hot tub, and the one at my rental house was full of pool gear. Can I run some tests without filling it with water? I'd hate to fill it just to find out the pump or heater are broken, but don't want to damage anything by running it dry either!

You can't test much without water.. You don't want to run the pumps at all when dry, and flow or pressure sensors will not let anything work unless closed.

If this were my tub, the first thing I would do is find the manual.. Then I would fill it with water and see what does not work.

The cost to fill a hot tub can't be much.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: 10miler
If you can figure out what model/mfg your spa control pack is that would help out a ton.

I was able to find the original manufacturer of my spa pack and get the correct PDF manual for it - contacting the Hot Tub Manufacturer was no help really...they wanted to send out their tech to help with anything. They did say my questions were good questions though :rolleyes:

Having the manual answered many of my questions/problems and allowed me to get my tub going and running correctly to this point.

After getting all the stuff out of the hot tub I found that the surface has what looks like a crack. It’s been repaired but that seems to have worn off. Here’s a pic.

Attachments

• F5DCFE52-9E10-4073-A1A4-03C3F61F87E8.jpeg
    F5DCFE52-9E10-4073-A1A4-03C3F61F87E8.jpeg
    328.1 KB · Views: 14
In order to find out what you really have, you need to pull the service panel and check out the guts, IE: the spa pack. There should be a manufacture label/tag on the tub itself, as well as make & serial number on the spa pack circuitry and pump. That's step one!

The shell damage might be able to be repaired. It's just fiberglass, like a boats gel-coat, but it looks like the previous owner tried to paint sealer over the top instead of fixing it properly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.