Help me formulate the perfect recipe for this plaster. Pic in post.

Dragonmomma

Jan 29, 2022
Temecula Ca
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I found this picture on fb of a pool and inquired about the unique water color. They said PB used a formula of 40% black and 60% French grey. What does this mean? Formula for black is 11 bags black and 1 bag white with black liquid pigment. Formula for frech grey is 11 bags white and 1 bag black with French grey liquid pigment. I wonder how many bags of each did this PB use? Can you pool plaster experts help me figure this out? Getting plaster with stonescapes mini pebble in 1-2 weeks and I need to decide. Any suggested are much appreciated B6D75181-633D-41A7-8140-2C7DEAD880F8.png

I have done mixes like this, but only with pre-bagged material. Doing it with liquid dyes, you would need to PRECISELY measure out the dyes and proportion them accordingly.

Did the PB tell you what material they used?

Generally speaking when mixing colors, 1+1 does not always equal 2. I would ask for some samples, take them to a pool and put them under the water and see how they look.

I'm no help, but I sure do wish Stonescapes had some more grey pebble options! Only French Grey is available and I think there are a lot of people out there like us that would like at least a darker grey be available too.

Good luck with your decision!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.