mtointigh

May 17, 2023
Lawton, Oklahoma
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I just bought a house with a pool. Opened it myself after trial and error. I am completely unsure about which valves are which. Right now (in pic) it is straight skimmer. I have a sand filter also. Any ideas? I just want my pool to be more clear. I can see the 2 drains, but it's still cloudy and there are bugs swimming around.

First off.... welcome to TFP :handwave: Glad to have you join us.
Here are some basics of pool care:
Pool Care Basics

You really will need to obtain a good test kit. A good one will save you far more than what you spend on it. I recommend either the TF-Pro from www.tftestkits.net or the K-2006C from online sellers. Either one, but none other. Get started on the right foot and it makes everything easier knowing we're alll speaking the same language. ;)

How will you be chlorinating your pool? What equipment does it have??

We LOVE pictures!!

Maddie :flower:

Do you have two skimmers? Show me a pic of the entire equipment pad, please. Note that the handles show where "off' is directed, and you may want all lines in the be wide open. Not sure until we see the entire set up?

I can see the water is cloudy, so please get the necessary test kit ordered so we can proceed to clear that up. We need one as I wrote about in previous post that tells us:
FC level (Free Chlorine level)
CC (Combined Chloramines)
pH
TA (Total Alkalinity)
CH (Calcium Hardness)
CYA (Stabilizer Level)
Salt if applicable.... and always handy as salt systems for chlorine production are *ideal*....nice, but not required.

Until then I would suggest adding a gallon of LIQUID CHLORINE in the pool daily while waiting on test kit. Cloudy water is a chemistry problem, rarely a mechanical or filtration problem.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.