Help! Intelliflo ALARM low voltage then high?

pisymbol

Gold Supporter
Jul 11, 2014
NJ
Just opened up the pool. Turned on the breaker and my Intelliflo had an ALARM! and displayed 90000052 (low voltage). Thought it could be a power issue but the electrician checked my panel, my sub panel with the single Siemens breaker in it (QF220A), as well as the mains on the pump itself - 221 volts steady no spike. What’s strange is that occasionally I see 52 but then I see 59 OVERCURRENT. In either case the Siemens breaker will trip. The pump is on a dedicated 20amp 220 circuit (nothing else). Electrician tried a new breaker but same thing. Again steady 221 VAC at the mains no spike.

The pump does *turn on* but when you hit START it instantly goes ALARM and then either 52 or 59 (huh?).

I checked the fan in the back by just loosening 2 of the 3 screws that hold the cover to see if the fan in the back moves - it does but it is a heavy movement (I think that is expected). I have no idea why Pentair has a third screw which is impossible to loosen without taking the pump out.

This pump is two seasons old. The breaker is one season old. What the heck is going on? Anyone? Do I really need a new pump? This thing is BRAND new.

If two years old you may still be in warranty. Call Pentair.

You cannot service the drive. You replace the motor and drive as a unit.

No I am not. I am calling Pentair this morning to seek some kind of advice. The pump worked fine all season long last year (that was the 2nd season with the pump).

What is the drive then? Are you talking about the electric module on top?

That’s almost the cost of a new friggin pump.

That’s almost the cost of a new friggin pump.
That is correct. Essentially, the Intelliflo pumps are not repairable. You replace them. Luckily, the last many years in most circumstances. We rarely hear of one failing before 7+ years. Yours is the exception.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.