Help in selection of replacement for 619488 Pentair Aqualight for 6" niche

Oct 29, 2016
Spring/TX
I have a 17,000 gallon kidney in-ground pool plus spa, with 4 lights, all of which are 58W Pentair Aqualight 619488 units in 6" niches. My old lights were an odd type of 120V unit that took three 12V bulbs and there was no saving the fixtures as they have begun to leak from the cable entry. As such, I'm looking for a reasonable bang for buck in replacing them with LEDs. I have not been able to find an LED option from Pentair that isn't stupidly priced (>$400/light => $1600 for 4) and most of the other direct LED replacement options with a fixture are no better. So I am considering replacing the fixtures with Pentair 77310100 units, which are 100W, 120V halogen units, and then switching out the bulbs for LEDs. As a note, for some reason I cannot tell what type of base the bulbs would be. The Pentair manual is of no help.

Has anyone done something like this with lights for 6" niches and if so, can you give me some ideas of the fixtures you purchased and LED replacement bulbs? Alternatively, if you know of a decent priced LED fixture kit and controller for 6" niches, please let me know.

Thanks
Blair

Re: Help in selection of replacement for 619488 Pentair Aqualight 6" niche

Addition: The Pentair 77310100 units are $208/light with 100" cord. The LED compatible unit from Pentair is the 640122 IntelliBrite 5G Color Underwater LED Spa Light, 120 Volt, 100 Foot Cord is $465. Ridiculous. Any better ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.