Help identifying pool parts...

Sounds like a plan. Thanks, again, Richard. When my husband gets back in town this weekend, that will be on the top of my list. Any idea what this is? There is one below each skimmer opening. I’m thinking it’s one of those skimmer leveler devices? My guess is that the second open hole in the bottom of the skimmer goes to that and maybe the main drain isn’t plumbed to the skimmer at all. UGH. Why didn’t I request the pool build paperwork when we bought this house?

6F0CAC57-AF43-475C-9737-4425E141D684.jpeg

That could be for an equalizer line which would be plumbed to the 2nd hole.
Although if they are on both skimmers, that begs the question how you have only 2 pipes for the 3 suction sources.
Maybe they really screwed up and just tied the 2 skimmers together with no way to adjust flow to each?

OR

Those could be the water source for your other 2 pumps?

Sounds like a plan. Thanks, again, Richard. When my husband gets back in town this weekend, that will be on the top of my list. Any idea what this is? There is one below each skimmer opening. I’m thinking it’s one of those skimmer leveler devices? My guess is that the second open hole in the bottom of the skimmer goes to that and maybe the main drain isn’t plumbed to the skimmer at all. UGH. Why didn’t I request the pool build paperwork when we bought this house?

View attachment 107504
The hose will tell all.

I suspect a leaf blower or a shop vac hooked to the exhaust side could also work to tell you where each pipe leads. Nothing like a bunch of bubbles to identify things.

Reactions: PaigeMark
That could be for an equalizer line which would be plumbed to the 2nd hole.
Although if they are on both skimmers, that begs the question how you have only 2 pipes for the 3 suction sources.
Maybe they really screwed up and just tied the 2 skimmers together with no way to adjust flow to each?

OR

Those could be the water source for your other 2 pumps?

I’m betting on a screw up. The pump for the waterfalls has two wall inlets and the booster pump for the spa seats has four in-floor inlets...and there is another, larger inlet in the pool wall in the deep end.

27772E3E-47EC-424B-B4FD-192E7D10FD89.jpeg0B357FB5-EC51-4E4E-99C3-C579C52EF214.jpeg

I’m going to get in there with a hose and a buddy this weekend and see where it all goes. Thankfully, the one functioning skimmer is doing it’s job very well so if there isn’t a fix, I can confidently lower my pool pump rpms to save some money and just run the clean cycle enough to pick up the floor debris. We don’t have a robot on this pool and so far, it really hasn’t been necessary.

I really appreciate you all helping to walk me through this. I’ve learned a ton and I’m looking forward to figuring out the rest of my puzzle. Next year, a major resurfacing. But we’re going to float all this summer knowing we’re saving $.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.