Help identify this pool

Nov 30, 2016
st. louis MO
IMG_2104.jpgHi guys, I am new to this board so I hope I am doing this correctly. I have recently received a pool from Craigslist and I have will probably have a bunch more questions but I didn't realize how hard it is to do a search and try to figure this out. Without the manual I am stumped and that's why I hope maybe someone on this board could help.
I was told it was a 27' round. The wall is 52" tall and the top rail is 6" wide and it is aluminum.
Thanks,
John

IMG_2106.jpgHi guys,
Thanks for the welcome, I've just been reading around the site and the information is awesome!! I'm 45 years old with 3 boys 9,6,4. In my single years I built a 16' round pool with a deck. Since the boys, I have and a new house and a couple different intex pools. Which have worked out perfect and weren't that deep so was perfect for the boys as they got older. So now I feel much better getting a larger pool.
Anyway sorry for the long rant, I took a second picture of the top rail which is 6" wide.
Here is my problem, when I got the pool I found: 1: No manual and 2: no top plate or caps, so I can't give pictures of those.
So I'm really hoping that if I can figure out the manufaturer/model and that it is not too old and those replacement pieces don't exist anymore. I wonder if they are somewhat universal and I could find something that could work?
The rails and uprights are in good condition but I wonder can I use Rustoleum spray paint and refresh those pieces, they are aluminum?
Thanks guys,
John

No top plates at all? Do you have the bottom rails the wall sits in?

Shows us pictures of all the pool (don't need the equipment stuff yet) parts you have. You might have to use Photo Bucket or such to have more room. Please use the IMG code to put the pics right in the post.

Take a picture of the rail look down on it with it standing up like it will when the pool is up. Take very good measurements and write them down.

INYOPOOL is going to your best friend when we get all the info. They will be able to provide everything you need.

Hey I just thought of something! If you become a supporting member as seen here: CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!

You will get more photo storage, a discount on the test kit AND a discount from INYOPOOL! Win-win!

We can get you set up. We just need as much info as we can get to make sure to get you going in the right direction!

Kim:kim:

IMG_2109.jpgIMG_2107.JPG

Hi guys,
So here are a few more pics.
I have taken a few more measurements and this is what I currently have:
18 top rails aprox 55" 6" wide
18 bottom track
18 top track (looks just like the bottom track only cleaner)
18 plastic J hook pieces ? they are just as long as the top track
18 upright columns 52" tall
18 base plates: 6" wide and 4 1/2" deep
I guess I will need 18 top plate and 18 top covers.
Thanks for all your help
John

The plastic J hook pieces are for hanging the liner from.

I wonder where the top plates and top covers went BUT you are good to go with the rest of the stuff.

Now do something for me. Pretend the bottom plates are top plates and set the top rail over part of it and see if I am remembering correct. I THINK the bottom and top plates are the same. You should be able to match the holes in the top rail to one of the many holes in the plate!

If that is the case you are in good shape because you can make a diagram of the plate and take good measurements to share with INYOPOOL and they will be able to pick out just the right plates for you from their stock! They should also be able to help with the top covers also!

You are also going to need GOOD stainless screws. They should be able to help with that also.

Kim:kim:

I made a little progress. I did notice that the bottom plate when inverted did fit and line up to holes on the top.
I guess since since I could get plates to match that I could find a top cover that could work, if I can't identify the pool.
I imagine the covers are just cosmetic

John

Now that James provided a picture I can make a point. As with any manufactured above ground pool don't set it up without all the correct parts. These pools are engineered to work with all the parts. Unlike a gunite pool which can be very redundant structurally manufactured pools generally do not have redundant parts.

The top "coping" or rail on this pool not only provides a safe place to grab for bathers it also acts as a structural component of the pool acting as a top cord to distribute the force of the water around the entire pool wall surface. It helps the water in the pool stabilize the sides of the pool. Do not fill the pool with water without the top coping pieces completely installed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.