Help! Hooking up SWG to Jandy VS pump

Aug 11, 2017
Henderson, NV
New guy here have been reading site for last few months. Great info, that's why I decided to get a SWG because I am tired of buying liquid chlorine.

my pump is a Jandy pro series e pump with digital timer and control. I do not have a mechanical timer.

i purchased the circupool sj40 swg and need help with the wiring.

I have 240v from breaker to pump, from there the keypad turns on the pump. This is supposed to be type of pump that I can wire to the swg, it has a " dry contractor" next to the line inputs on pump. How do I connect the wires from swg to the pump? Contactor is the green thing next to wires.

I imagine i bring both line inputs to one side of the contactor (240v) and the other side of contactor becomes the load to the swg? What about other load wire from Swg?

thanks for any help

Attachments

• IMG_0293.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0294.jpg
    IMG_0294.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0295.jpg
    IMG_0295.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 83
Assuming that the SWG takes 240 volts input, one SWG power wire connects to L1 or L2. The other SWG power wire connects to either of the auxiliary load relay terminals. Then, you connect a jumper wire from L1 or L2 (whichever one you did not connect a SWG power wire to) to the open auxiliary load relay terminal.

Essentially, you're powering the SWG from the same source as the pump power by connecting the SWG to L1 and L2 with the pump power wires except that one of the SWG power wires goes through the auxiliary load relay.

Post a picture of the wiring before turning on the power.

Assuming that the SWG takes 240 volts input, one SWG power wire connects to L1 or L2. The other SWG power wire connects to either of the auxiliary load relay terminals. Then, you connect a jumper wire from L1 or L2 (whichever one you did not connect a SWG power wire to) to the open auxiliary load relay terminal.

Essentially, you're powering the SWG from the same source as the pump power by connecting the SWG to L1 and L2 with the pump power wires except that one of the SWG power wires goes through the auxiliary load relay.

Post a picture of the wiring before turning on the power.

Thanks for reply that that is what I eventually came up with. Check picture. Seems to work.
Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Seems I can't post pic because used all my space.

Sure I was just going to write a response so that maybe others can benefit then I saw your reply.

so really easy all you have to do is: ( this is for 240v)

1.connect a jumper from L2 to #1 on the green relay
2. Connect either black or white wire from SWG to #2 on green relay
3. Connect the other unused black or white to L1
4. Connect the green wire to the ground as shown in picture.

now swg turns on shortly after the pump is done priming.

Reactions: nobones
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.