Bo Dottley

Sep 5, 2023
Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
26,000 Gal in ground chlorine pool with liner. Running a Hayward S244T Filter, 1hp pump, Hayward CL200 chlorinator.

Been dealing with high filter pressure for the last 2 weeks.

Filter & Recirculate - 22lbs
Backwash & Rinse - 11lbs

Pool jets are very weak - I can isolate each skimmer and have good pull individually but weak when both skimmers and main drain are open.

I have no air leaks on the intake or return lines, that I can tell.

I have a see through pump basket lid, and to the eye, the flow of water coming into it seems weaker than normal.

Actions I have already taken:
1. Changed my filter sand.
2. Installed a new pump.
3. Installed a new chlorinator (the old one looked corroded inside and didn’t seem to drain very well each time I opened it to refill), thought it might have been stopped up.

I am lost as to what the problem could be.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I take water samples in to my local pool store for my chemistry. I have a sand filter, not cartridges. I changed the sand 2 days ago. I use AquaQuartz 20 grade Silica. After changing the sand, I still had 22lbs of filter pressure….even after doing 3 cycles of, 2 minute backwash and 1 1/2 minute rinse.

I'm not a sand filter expert, but what you describe above doesnt seem like a backwash or a deep clean of the filter. You are trying to purge the stuff in the sand that has been filtered out by the filter doing its job. Here are the full instructions if needed:

I p
I'm not a sand filter expert, but what you describe above doesnt seem like a backwash or a deep clean of the filter. You are trying to purge the stuff in the sand that has been filtered out by the filter doing its job. Here are the full instructions if needed:

I change the filter sand 2 days ago. So it’s not the sand.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What is the exact brand/name of the sand that you used? (i.e. brand= "Redi-mix," name= "Playsand") Where did you get it? Can you post a picture of the bag?

What is the exact brand/name of the sand that you used? (i.e. brand= "Redi-mix," name= "Playsand") Where did you get it? Can you post a picture of the bag?
I posted the brand and size of the sand above. AquaQuartz 20-grade. The same sand I’ve always used. I changed it because my pressure was high…after I changed it my pressure is still high.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.