Help! - Hard Plumbing Intex Krystal Clear pump/Filter

RodRamos

In The Industry
Jul 24, 2019
Trinity, Florida
So I'm trying to hard plumb the intex Krystal Clear Pump/Filter setup below. I tried using the connectors inScreenshot_20201117-181226_Amazon Shopping.jpg the picture but the 1.5 PVC pipe is about a millimeter too big on all sides. Are there any other adapters I can use with 1.5 PVC?
Thanks.
Screenshot_20201117-181207_Amazon Shopping.jpg

most go hard pipe when they change out the Intex pump and filter.. if your staying with the same filter and pump it is easier to stay with there system as it is not a US standard system as you have found out...

you can change to one Like this :)

Use these high temp unions for hard pipe, once you receive the pump measure and see if it is 1.5 inch or 2 inch :)

you can use one of these in your skimmer and the through wall for the return also...

Check this thread out-
I’m planning on doing this myself as i use intex swg’s w/ my hardsided above ground pool & plan to convert to pvc this spring.

Here are some pics from a post (which I can’t seem to find now) to address the pump & swg connections - basically you slip the grey intex nut over this & add the black rubber gasket & screw it in then you can glue pvc into the other side of the fitting
8759488D-1C00-4118-91D8-73CFA7C8027B.png
620F6583-4C25-4A94-B308-EFEE5B777098.png

Here are some pics from a post (which I can’t seem to find now) to address the pump & swg connections - basically you slip the grey intex nut over this & add the black rubber gasket & screw it in then you can glue pvc into the other side of the fitting
View attachment 168980
View attachment 168981

I did just that. Thank you. Worked like a charm.

Reactions: Mdragger88
What these 2 said... BUT it doesnt have to be electrical.. it can be regular slip reducers, you just have to sand off the raised size letters. Finding a gasket was a little harder, went to my hose supply and found some.. umm ill try and track down 1 and take a picture.

But you cut your intex hoses and keep the connectors

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.