Help! Hard plumbing from Hayward skimmer to Intex Sand filter

Apr 24, 2017
Cabot, AR
Hello everybody!! I purchased my pool last year and just used the stock filter and everything that came with it. But this year I have purchased the Hayward thru wall skimmer and the 2500 Intex sand filter. I am trying to hard plumb it possibly with a fountain. I have looked high and low throughout the forums looking for a setup like mine and cannot for the life of me find one. Not to mention a lot of the threads I have found the pictures are dead on them. I'm sure I am just over looking the right thread. But any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Thanks y'all! I did see both of those and they are great! I guess I was looking for more of a step by step of how it was actually done. Like a list I guess of the items I would need from lowes/HD. Or if you think it's better/easier to just use the reagular hoses then I will need the right adapters for that I guess? I'm sorry y'all for not knowing more about all this

PVC for a pool is a good upgrade, but also as personal as buying the right wallet. No one can do it that way YOU want it based on your equipment and set-up. I think the best thing to do is simply sketch-out what you envision for the pool (pad location, equipment, upgrades, etc), then simply go to the big box store and start looking at PVC pieces to support connecting everything. Most often owners find one or two connections a bit tricky, but the overall layout of the PVC is your time to be creative. You can do dry-fits before gluing to ensure everything looks good as well.

really all i can do is show you my pics that i did mine about 2 months ago. i know i used 1 1/2" pvc. i used a screw on connector on the bottom of the skimmer to be able to use the pvc pipe. then it is just a matter of a couple of ball valves and different fittings. cant really give you an exact parts list. sorry could not be more of a help. if you need some pics just shoot me a PM and we can see if we can get you hooked up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.