Help! Green Tinged Water in new Pool

Jul 18, 2016
Beverly, MA
Hi everyone. I recently purchased a bestway 16x10 42" deep pool. It completed filling yesterday afternoon. I immediately noticed the water appeared tinged green. I went ahead and shocked it. Waited a few hours, tested and appeared that the alkalinity was low. I added some powder to increase. I covered and let sit with filter running since yesterday morning to today. I checked this morning and water is still tinted green. I checked and the levels of the water look good. I'm at a loss. Also this pool came with a small cartridge filter. I have a sand filter but need some hose adapters before I can use it. Our neighbor thought this was due to pollen as his pool had the same issue and it should clear up within 24 hours. I had hopes by this morning it would be clear and nope. My kids are anxious to get it there! Please help!

Green is either algae or metals. Where did you fill the pool from?

What test kit are you using, and what are the measurements you get from it? Can you share a picture of the pool? :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.