Help... green pool... here are my numbers...

DLD said:
I looks blue as the sky and mostly clear.... THX. :-D
Sounds exciting!

DLD said:
When can we swim??
Follow the shocking process the three criteria you must meet before you are done are in there and in red in my sig. Then you can swim...no way of knowing how long each pools different.

DLD said:
How do I post a picture of the pool? :?:
Most people link to photobucket, or a site like that and post the url here.

Have you brushed the bottom and sides thoroughly? What is the psi on your filter gauge? Have you vacuumed today?

I suggest you not swim today with that high FC. Brushing the sides and bottom will give everyone something to do and will hasten the lowering of the FC.

Tomorrow, I would hope you can swim. The FC should be around 25ppm or lower and it would be an added bonus if your CC's are less than 1.0.

duraleigh, it didn't seem to me like the CC was sensitive enough of a test to detect a .5 level. I had a tough time determinining if it was 0 or 1 today when I tested it. I did it twice. Can you tell me if pinkish hue is the same as going from pink to clear against a white back ground? Am I suppose to look for a change to perfect clear or just looking for the evident shift to clear??

duraleigh might have more to add on this but...you are looking for absolutely clear, no pinkish hue at all, add drops until you see no change from the last drop to the next one, then subtract one drop from your count.

add drops until you see no change from the last drop to the next one, then subtract one drop from your count.
Linen's quote here is the key to ALL the drops based tests. Rather than any particular shade or degree of clarity, etc., you are looking for a drop that produces NO further change and then subtract that one from your total.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Evening numbers:
FC = 37
CC = 0
PH = 7.8

Do I have to wait until after dark to get my sample for the over night test? :?
Once I accomplish the 3 points for shocking, then can I let the FC drift down to the target level of 7.5? 26 is the Shock level.

You can take it just as soon as the sun goes beyond the horizon. However, I would not do it just yet....I think you will lose more than 1ppm FC...especially if you just brushed the pool.

I would suggest you continue to let the FC come on down until you are thinking of swimming....then test your FC to see if it's around 25ppm.

Brush again during or after the swim.

Your case is just a little different but I don't think you should do the OCLT until your FC gets down around 15ppm or so. I believe you will pass it then and you can continue to let FC down to your maintenance levels.

PS - you should remove the "14 psi" from your sig as that number will change in the future....your sig does best when it's only the permanent characteristics of your pool.

Ok, ignore my TA and CH numbers, I've been using 44 instead of 25ml. I feel like I pool store measured it :hammer:
The FC test was right as I used the 10ml test for that.

So how did the OCLT go? You should be coming back to normal range.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.