TF282

Feb 12, 2021
DFW, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have read a few times the help learn guides on here. My pool has been up for a month and was managed by a pool company for a month. We had pool school last Friday but he didn’t add any chemicals before leaving. Assuming we are on our own now.

I tested tonight and honestly not sure what to do as chlorine is low. Still using the Pentair standard 4 test while waiting for the recommended test kit to come in.

chlroine residual test: was below .03
Ph test: 8.0
Total alkalinity test: 90 ppm

pool is 13,000 gallons and is a chlorine pool.

Any help as I get started? I downloaded the calculator and that will be a blessing just trying to get started.

Add a gallon of liquids chlorine TODAY Please, check Walmart's swimming section for their Pool Essentials. This will give you about 5ppm FC.

Do you know if they *ever* added any chemicals like CYA stabilizer?

What tests does this Pentair kit perform? We need to know:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Salt if going SWG

Maddie :flower:

They have treated pool every week for the last month. They were supposed to treat at pool school the last time but did not. So 2 weeks since last treatment.

4 tests and result:
1)Chlroine residual = less then .03
2) PH test = 8.0
3) Acid demand test = add 2 pints acid
4) Total alkalinity = 90 ppm

Your most important part right now is the FC and stablizer (CYA) because the chlorine in a pool without stabilizer will be chewed up and outta there by the sun. And if you don't have FC in there you're inviting algae to the party and that is a *bad thing*.
Call them ask if they added CYA and when will your test be here?

Maddie :flower:

Test won’t be here till Tuesday next week. Appreciate the help. Heading to get the chlorine you mentioned right now. It’s a new build pool and they have been out like 7-8 times over 30 days testing and balancing pool. Just didn’t do the last one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.