Help Diagnosing Leak

Jun 13, 2015
Southborough, MA
Hi all-

It appears I have a leak that I need help locating. Early this summer, I had a 10 foot section of my patio settle by approx. 1"-2" in the deep end corner which is the same corner as the skimmer/main drain (see attachment). The pool is 18'x'40 fiberglass and rectangular. The depth is 3' 1/2 to 8'.

I've been adding water more often than last year which was our first full season. Last weekend, I filled the pool to just under 1/2' from the top of the skimmer. Yesterday, I remeasured and the water level was 2 1/2" below the top of the skimmer. The pool has been covered all week with a solar cover except for one day. I've looked around and haven't noticed any water outside the pool, near the equipment etc.

What's the best way to diagnose without digging up the patio etc.? I would think it's more than likely the plumbing leading to/from the main drain/skimmer??

BTW... water on patio is not from the pool. It's rainwater. Included pic to illustrate the settling.

Thoughts appreciated...

Attachments

• Pool Corner 1.jpg
    Pool Corner 1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Pool Corner 2.jpg
    Pool Corner 2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Pool Corner 3.jpg
    Pool Corner 3.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 33
Just looking at the picture of the water level in the pool and the level on the walkway, there is no way for the water in the pool to flow up hill. If there is a leak my initial guess it when the pumps are on and the water is leaking out of one of the return PVC pipes to the pool. Might be a bad weld at the junction by the pool. Plug off one or more of the return jets and turn on the pumps. See what happen. Water should start bubbling up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.