Help connecting Sta-Rite heater to Aqualink

Slopolytech

Mar 3, 2019
California
Hey all,

I recently installed an Aqualink system and have a question about the wiring for a Sta-Rite Max-E-therm spa heater. From what I can tell, the line voltage to the heater should be always hot and not connected to a relay. The heater’s firemans switch then gets connected to terminals 1 & 2 on the Aqualink board.

My understanding is that the temp gets set to max on the heater control panel and the Aqualink system will turn the heater on/off via the fireman’s switch to meet the set point in the Aqualink.

Is this correct or am I missing something? If the power goes out, will the spa heater need to be manually turned on again before the Aqualink can control it? Thanks for any help!

What you describe is correct. The heater is always powered and set at max temperture. The automation cycles the heater using the fireman's switch.

I don't know how the Sta-Rite behaves after a power failure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.