Help choosing a SW system

allendehl

Jan 29, 2020
Miramar, FL
Hello guys,

I'm getting some quotes locally to convert mu chlorine pool into SW. As of now, I've gotten quotes for Jandy TrueClear(up to 30K G) and Pentair IChlore (up to 50K G). I tried going after exact model number but that was as close as I got from the people picking up phones.
My pool is something in between 15K and 20K gallons and it gets tons of sun in Miami, FL.

Equipment it old and all manual but I'd like to go with an option that would allow me automation at some point in the future w/o having to change it all over again, as long as the price difference is reasonable.

Any clear winner?...any other recommendation/suggestions?

Thank you much in advance!

Hi guys, in my search I found the the CircuPool RJ45 is another popular choice but it is roughly double the price than the IC40. Is this difference in price justified?
Second question, I know about the 2X rule of thumb but have to ask, given that the IChlor 30 has better technology, does the rile also apply to it? Would it be enough for my 15-20K gallons pool?

Yes, the rule applies as we want to try to extend the lifespan of the cell as long as possible. The ratings for the cells are listed as if they're run at 100% for 24 hours. You want to know you'll have enough chlorine available when its mid July and hot as blazes.

Both cells you list are equally popular. The IC40 would probably be easier to use with automation though.

Maddie

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.