Help Calculating Gallons in Pool

Our pool installer was no help in calculating the size of our pool. He had us over salt, we then had to empty half of it... needless to say we then just tried to figure it out on our own. However, after 4 seasons I'm finding it's time to get my act together and figure out this pool chemistry thing. We have estimated our pool at 23,000 gallons. I'm wondering if anyone can take a look at our pool diagram and double check my guess.

Please let me know if there's any info missing on the layout that's needed to calculate. The pool builder was thrown off b/c while it's a decent sized pool it's shallower than most, not sure if that helps or not. The measurements of the depths are not correct in the diagram. I added the red and blue boxes to show actual depths in those places. Red box is 3'2", blue box is 5'.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Use PoolMath to calculate the effects of adding chemicals. Especially salt or MA. If your actual results do not agree with PM adjust your gallons in PM until it does. In time you will triangulate on the gallons that agree with actual results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.