Help!!! Brand new plaster stains

I came across an old thread in which something similar happened, and the owner took a discount in exchange for letting her pool contractor acid wash the new plaster as a fix. This seems like, perhaps, a reasonable compromise, but I’m not sure what a reasonable amount would be in exchange for the reduced life of the plaster...

Last edited:
It may be that the yellow discoloration is iron staining or even dirt, both of which can be removed rather easily with some of type of acid treatment. But the other discolorations would not be rectified. So keep that in mind.

Yeah we’ll see I guess. They’re saying they really think it’s organic. The stain that matches where the water was puddling looks exactly like the other stains color-wise, so maybe from the pollen sitting there in the puddle while the pool filled?

Last edited:
Just a quick update: they told me yesterday that the metal tests came back “off the charts” in our pool, so they put some kind of metal out treatment in the water. Not seeing any change so far today.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.