Help! Air blower only works in pool mode, not spa

Sep 17, 2013
If I turn the blower on in pool mode bubbles come out the spa just as they should.

if it’s in spa mode (when you would want bubbles) they don’t come out.

it was suggested I replace the 3 spinning massage jets with regular ones as it could be a restriction issue and the air can’t make it through. Did that today

no difference, works perfect when in pool mode and barely anything (like the same amount I could make with a straw), out of only 2 jets when in spa mode and after 90 seconds the bubbles stop completely

any ideas?

See if you have a check valve in your blower air line and if so check if the valve is operating properly.

Is this a new pool or new problem?

Did it ever work correctly?

Just as title says. If equipment is in pool mode & you turn on air blower bubbles come out.

switch it to spa mode, turn on blower and nothing.

mold blower died a year or so ago, this one is a brand new 2hp.

Any ideas?

See if you have a check valve in your blower air line and if so check if the valve is operating properly.

Is this a new pool or new problem?

Did it ever work correctly?
Yes it has a check valve and I believe it’s working correctly but I’ll make sure.

new-ish problem. Old blower died over a year ago and I’ve been lazy about replacing. Finally did and now here we are

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.