Help after vacuming....

Jul 21, 2017
randolph nj
Hi and thanks in advance for any answers supplied.

Pentair clean and clear plus filter, Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST pump.

After vacuuming and turning off pump to clean the filter as well as the skimmer on the pump, when I start the system back up I get dirty water streaming from the jets. Sometimes a lot for a long time sometimes a little for less time. All I can think is dirt is left in the lines but surely there must be a way to avoid this, no? Being new I don't know much so any and all advice welcome!

Thanks,

John

Are you rinsing out the cartridge housing? Lots of dirt sits in the bottom of it. I rinse it out with a garden house until the water runs clear out the bottom of the cartridge housing hole. It should have a cap on it you unscrew.

Hi Caroline & thanks! If you're referring to the housing holding the filters the answer is yes. I remove the "screw" on the bottom of the housing to let all the dirty water run out before I do anything else. Then the water runs clear after cleaning all the filters. Is that what you were referring to?

John

Yes that's what I was referring to. Do you rinse it out with a hose before putting your filter back in? I learned the hard way, kept getting dirt coming out the returns.

Also make sure your filter is seated properly when you put it back in the housing canister.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.